Sunday 13 March 2016

Montreal + Engagement

Montreal-home of poutines, the Montreal Canadians, the french language and where I got engaged!!


Thomas gave me the best surprise of all our second day in Montreal.
He treated me amazing all day, like he always does 
We had breakfast at the hotel that morning and the dining room was beautiful!
High windows, amazing food, great coffee and myself and Thomas trying to read the newspaper in French.



Then of course we went for a little shop up St. Catherine Street,

and had to get a little smooch photo on the way up! 


After shopping I wanted to take some photos for the blog (of course).

Coat: Forever 21 | Purse: Zara | Dress: Zara | Boots: Aldo

Coat: American Apparel | Flannel: American Apparel | Jeans: H&M | Shoes: Vans

He was lookin' real good, so I needed a photo of him 

We were outside Place du Canada walking around trying to find some different places to take my blog photos.
There was a beautiful little walking park area right next to the building with trees, walking paths and benches where Thomas suggested we go. 
We went up on this bridge that connects the park area to the building and he was bent down getting a good angle for the photo and I was looking to the side for the photo and then back at him.
As I was turning my head back to look at him he said "I think you're missing something" and got down on one knee...and then I have no idea what happened or what was said because I just started crying!
He actually had to ask me "does that mean yes?" because I was so lost for words!
I had no words for about 20 minutes afterwards because I was so happy!
..A lot of squealing was going on though!




Thomas told me afterwards that after he said "I think you're missing something" that I look offended, like I was thinking, "Me? missing something from this outfit? I don't think so."
And luckily captured a photo of my face before he got down on one knee.



After a few phone calls we had a lovely night out to supper and then we bought some champagne and wine to celebrate that night!






I'm so glad he did it while we were in Montreal, it made the trip that much better and we could celebrate the entire time we were there!
Room service the next morning, at Five Guys (we classy), even at the Montreal game!






I didn't get to take any ootd while we were in Montreal besides the day of the proposal and the last day because it was so freaking cold out!!
At one point I could actually feel how cold my eyelashes were!
(no joke)

Blazer: Zara | Top: H&M | Purse: Zara | Hat: Envy | Boots: Aldo

I feel the proposal made up for it though! 
 :) 

I'll try to take more when I go to Montreal in September when I go see Adele with Jess!

We did a few laps up and down St. Catherine shopping though! 
Probably more than we should have, but I mean...
they just have no many more shops than we do here in NL. 
So you gotta take advange of that!
When in Rome right??

...Zara, where all my money went!




Aldo Flagship 


The most AMAZING latte from Tunnel Espresso Bar 


Gelato from Paysanne Gelato in the Eaton Center

Burger's from Burger Bar. For the love of god if you are ever in Montreal go there!!!
Such a cool atmostphere!
Amazing burgers and drinks!
Our server even went around asking for song requests.
We loved it!!


Needless to say Montreal was amazing!!!
A proposal, shopping, a Montreal game, great food, amazing lattes and relaxing for 4 days.
What more could I have asked for!?












No comments:

Post a Comment