Saturday 20 August 2016

How to style a Graphic tee

Graphic tees are some of my favorite pieces in my wardrobe.
They're very easy to dress up and down.
I feel when some people see a graphic tee they immediately feel it has to be worn with jeans and sneakers and most likely not done very fashionably. 
But graphic tees are some of my most versatile items I own
and I feel footwear and bottoms play a big part in that!
I decided to style this graphic tee from Shein both dressed up and dressed down.

Some tips for when you're trying to amp up a graphic tee:

1. Pair it with a cool pair of colored or patterned dress pants, a pair dark denim, or a skirt.
These options are much more dressy versus a light denim, a pair of leggings or shorts.

2. Throw on a pump or a heeled bootie.
This helps decide what direction you want to take the graphic tee.
A heel says we mean business or we're ready to party, where a pair of converse added immediately dresses it down.

3. Pair it with a blazer or jacket.
Wearing an over piece will help with dressing up a graphic tee and you hide the t-shirt sleeves, which tends to make it more casual.













I mean...a graphic tee is obviously SUPER easy to dress down.
But it's about dressing it down while still looking put together and not sloppy. 
I feel when people dress more casual they throw fashion out the window and focus on comfort.
I mean, I am all for comfort! 
I don't wear anything unless it's comfortable.
But just throwing on a pair of leggings, a jean jacket and a pair of berkinstocks doesn't set you apart from the rest.

To help do a comfortable yet fashionable graphic tee look I opted for 
a fun pair of fringe bottom jeans (DIY I might add), 
a long line cardigan 
and patent flip flops.
I'm super comfortable, yet put together and not sloppy.







Long line cardi's are a much more fashion forward way to be comfortable yet casual chic. 
I was very obsessed with a graphic tee, long line cardi and shorts on my days off from work.
So comfortable, yet put together!



I find this graphic tee is super easy to dress up and down because the print is so girly.
It's just too adorable with the cute little lashes and lip print.
You can get it from Shein here!



Graphic Tee: Shein | Coat: Cheap Monday
Purse: Urban Expressions bought at Model Citizens | Pants: Urban Planet
Shoes: Aldo | Sunglasses: Rayban


Graphic Tee: Shein | Cardigan: Forever 21
Belt: Aldo | Shoes: Aldo
Purse: Urban Expressions bought at Model Citizens 





No comments:

Post a Comment