Wednesday 15 February 2017

Engagement Photo Session with Alex Stead Photography

It only took us a year to get our engagement photos done, but it was so worth the wait!!
I found my dream husband to be and my dream photographer! Alex Stead Photography did an amazing job on our engagement photos and it makes me even more excited about what they will do for our wedding photos!

I've been following Alex Stead Photography on Instagram for quite some time now and I just knew that she had to be the one to do our photos. Their style of photography is so relaxed and candid, which is what me and Thomas were looking for in a photographer.

Alex Stead Photography is a couple photography duo compromised of Alex Stead and Alex Spracklin, and they have such amazing chemistry behind the camera and not behind the camera. 
This couple made me and Thomas feel so comfortable during this entire experience! They're so down to earth and so easy to get along with, which made all of this that much more amazing! 

Thomas is the type to have to warm up to you first and likes to get to know you before he opens up to you and he immediately felt comfortable with them, which really speaks wonders to how great this couple is! Sometimes it's hard to find a photographer who make you feel relaxed during such a intimate type of photo session, but there was no trouble with these guys!

For our photos we wanted to go to two different locations, somewhere with beautiful landscape, and that the location spoke for itself and was more romantic so Alex (Stead) suggested we go to Cuckhold's Cove, and my god she picked such an amazing location! With the snow covered hills in the background and the waves beating against the shoreline, it made for some gorgeous photos. Then for the second location we wanted the photos to be more street style, but trying to stay away from the typical Downtown St. John's locations and Alex directed us to the houses of the Four Sisters, up by the Geo Center, and stopping into Fix Coffee (my all time favorite coffee shop in St. John's!). 

Up at Cuckhold's Cove we wanted it to be a more romantic look, so me and Thomas actually wore a piece each that we wore the day we got engaged. I wore my cream dress from Zara and he wore his blue and white plaid from American Apparel. We thought it would be a cute addition to the photos! 

While we were doing the photos downtown we wanted our outfits to reflect more of our everyday type of fashion. I, of course, needed to incorporate furriness into both outfits, it is winter after all! I wore my cream fur coat I thrifted from Salvation Army, a black sweater from H&M, leather leggings and platform booties from Aldo. While Thomas wore his everyday outfit of a white v neck tee, his jean jacket filled with pins and patches from Fogtown and Vans. As much as these felt more casual we wanted to have a little bit of both "dressed up" type of fashion and an everyday look. 

So to start the session we met them at Cuckhold's Cove and jumped right into it!! I wore heeled booties at first as I clearly did not think of the terrain we were getting ourselves into. Luckily I had brought flat boots with me as a backup, thank goodness! We got down on a little flatter ground where you could see all of the cove and the gorgeous snow dusted hills in the background and we stayed there for a little bit but with all the different angles they used you'd swear we took a hike around Cuckhold's Cove to get our photos. Up there we took our more intimate and cute photos, you know, the ones mom and nan needs to put in the living room! 
  



















 My eye was having a moment while we were at Cuckhold's Cove and would not stop watering!! The amount of times I had to take out my camera to fix my mascara as it ran down my face was nuts. Luckily Alex captured this beautiful and very real moment!








Me and Thomas are going to have a winter wedding because I need fur incorporated into our wedding as I love it so much! I got this fur stole at Winners and this adorable light pink coat at Found Consignment Boutique. We plan on having a very soft winter pastel color palette, so when I found this light pink coat at Found I knew I needed it for our engagement photo session!



After a quick outfit change we headed down to Temperance Street to the Four Sisters house to take some more photos. 



I had to take advantage of this door for an #ootd look!







If you've ever walked down Temperance Street where the Four Sisters houses are, you know it to be extremely steep!! WELL, I didn't really think about that prior to our photo session and wore these gorgeous but extremely high (5") booties. So needless to say Thomas had to give me a hand while we were there. Alex (Spracklin) managed to capture this hilarious moment of Thomas trying to help me get over the snow.








We then decided to venture around the Four Sisters houses and Alex (Spracklin) found this cool cellar door and exposed brick! He kinda disappeared for a moment and almost had us worried, but he was just scoping out the area looking for photo opts!




While we were waiting for the sun to set we headed to Fixed to get a coffee and to warm up a bit! Poor Thomas in just a jean jacket. Now.. I told him to wear a flannel or a long sleeve underneath his shirt but he refused because it didn't go right with the outfit, so I completely understood. But we were all a little chilly so the coffee was needed, plus there were some cute photo opportunities at Fixed! 







After Fixed we headed up to the Geo Centre and walked around up there a bit while the sun was setting and took advantage of the beautiful twilight.










I was not getting off that warf by myself. Thankfully Thomas gave me a lift down!










Overall I'm just so impressed by Alex Stead Photography! I knew I loved their work and that their style was so up our ally, I was just so impressed with how pleasent their company was and how contented they made us feel. They just captured everything we wanted without even telling them! Myself and Thomas let them have free reign of the photos and didn't give them any personal inspirations and they managed to capture all the beautiful (and hilarious) moments perfectly! To say I'm happy with our photos is an understatement. I just love them all! They are such a pleasure of a couple to work with and they make you feel so comfortable the whole time! We laughed more than anything, the amount of laughing photos I left out of this post is insane, we literally looked happy the entire time, which was great!

Thomas hates being in front of the camera and he actually made a point to tell the Alex's at the end of the session that he can totally see them taking our photos the entire day of our wedding and him not hating it. Which is a very large compliment coming out of Thomas!

I have nothing but great to say about these guys and if you are looking for a photographer for your wedding, or engagement photos, I 100% suggest you get in contact with them!

Thank you so much again Alex Stead Photography! You killed it yet again!

Follow them on Instagram and check out their website to see their work!

Instagram: @alexstead

Facebook: facebook.com/alexsteadphotography

Website: +Alex Stead Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment