Wednesday 1 June 2016

Engagement Party

Being a bride to be has been so much fun already!
Even though we won't be getting married for a couple of years I've already had to make so many decisions!
Like colors, the guest list, dress style, center pieces, etc!

It's also been super fun because my sister got engaged just a little while after Thomas and I!
Big congrats to Gill and Brad by the way!
Super happy for you guys!
But it's been so great because we've gotten to go through this experience together. 
And even though we have very different tastes and very different ideas it's so fun being able to plan and do wedding related things together!

The first thing we got to do together was to plan the engagement party together with our mom and Thomas's mom. 
And if I may add it was a great time!! 
The planning and the party!!

I was sad because a lot of my friends weren't in town for the occasion, but that just means we will have to party a little extra at the wedding!

And naturally I had to plan the perfect outfit for the party!
I got a custom dress made by Sooley Designs and I am so so happy with how it turned out!
The fit was amazing and the fabric was so beautiful!
Thank you so much again Megan for creating this beautiful dress!







When I went to Sooley Designs to pick out a dress I was between so many different options!!
There was the long gown style, which I decided not to go for because I wanted to leave the longer gown style for the actual wedding!
Then I was between wearing white or blush pink.
We were thinking of going for a "blushing bride" look.
But ultimately we went for a custom classy midi length pencil dress in white! 
I loved the open back Megan went with, it gave it a classy yet sexy vibe!
Which was exactly what I was going for considering there was going to be lots of family and friends going. 

I also wanted the dress to speak for itself, so I styled it with simple long earrings from the Occasion Collection from Aldo Accessories, as well as a cute beaded hair piece from there too!
It looks like beaded baby's breath!
Delicate with just a hint of sparkle.




And of course the shoes are also from Aldo!
I love love love these shoes!!!
The chunky heel and platform made them super easy to walk in all night and they were so comfortable! 
I was in them for 8 hours and only started to get sore feet in the last hour 
(the dancing may have had something to do with that!)
That's pretty impressive if you ask me!
I also wanted to keep it classy but not too formal, so they complimented the dress and the style I was going for perfectly!





And can we please just talk about the cuteness of this purse!?
I mean..I know I'm not a Wifey yet, but I couldn't help myself!!
It's just too adorable!



Purse: Aldo | Hair Piece: Aldo
Shoes: Aldo | Dress: Sooley Designs

A big thank you to all of my friends and family who came out to the party and made the night so much fun!!
We all had such a great time!
Thomas and I are so lucky to have so many amazing people in our lives!

Now here's some cute photos from the party! 
:)






































1 comment:

  1. Lovely photographs!! Really liked to watch them. The bride to-be is looking stunning in her dress. Looking for a lovely dress for my cousin’s engagement at LA venues. Have looked on many online stores and planning to buy from reputed store on discount!

    ReplyDelete