Friday 17 June 2016

Knee High Boots + Boho Dresses

Here in Newfoundland Mother Nature has not blessed us with summer just yet. 
So even though the sun may be shining it's still only about 10 degrees out!
Therefore boots are still a part of my wardrobe!
And luckily it still flows with my summer clothing!



It makes me sad that I haven't really gotten to break out the summer wear just yet,
but it's okay to me because boots are my favorite type of footwear.
So bearing a little leg between the boots and the dress makes me feel (ever so slightly) summery!
You gotta do what you gotta do at this point to make yourself feel like summer is getting closer.
I find this combination to be a great way to essentially stay warm, but still look fashionable and on trend!

Don't be afraid to pop out the boots while there's still a chill in the air.
The best way to do it is to do it with boho vibes!
Playing up a boho style summer outfit with boots is so on board with Festival fashion, but practical for whatever our current weather is doing.

We're kinda stuck between a rock and a fashionably hard place!
We want to be comfortable and warm, but we want to be on trend.
This is the best way to do both!

Here are a few great pairs of shoes I've found are great for Spring and to bring into the Summer for those chillier days (especially if you live in Newfoundland!)
Also, boots are technically not a summer style so now you can get so many different style for very cheap!!


Pairing an ankle booty with a pair of jeans (or jean shorts!), a cool tee and a long line cardi is the perfect way to look look cool but stay fairly warm during this unseasonable cold spring we're having!



I got this #WINNERSFabFind a few weeks back (and I've seen it a few times at both Winners locations in St. John's since I bought it!)
and it's such a good flowy piece to own for or chillier summers here in NL where it has sleeves. 
This spring/summer season is filled with boho tones of camel, orange and navy, which in reality are also fall colors! 
So that means I will also be able to bring this piece into the next season!
I loveeee that!!



A shout out to Christian Paul Watches for hooking me up with the amazing watch!
Seriously, my new favorite!
It's grid face and leather strap makes it the perfect watch for me on my more casual days. 
Adding a little extra texture to an outfit never hurt no one!
(ps. you can not get this Australian watch brand at The Bay!)


I've also ditched the statement necklace this season and have been really focusing on chokers!
I've bought like 10 already!
They just keep coming out with new ones all the time at Aldo, and I just feel so drawn to them that I just need to buy them all!!
They're so amazingly understated and you just look effortlessly cool!
And I'm just all about that!
Aldo created an entire section on their website dedicated to all their chokers!
Check it out here!
I'm sure you'll find one or two or 15 that you'll love!


PS. Can we also talk about the fact that my hair has been cooperating so well lately and just giving me natural beach waves all on it's own?!
I literally just wash it and leave it to dry on it's own and then put a little KMS Tame Frizz Oil to make it more smooth and to decrease puffiness!
The hair gods have finally come down and given me great easy hair after the struggle of bad hair days over the years!



Dress: Winners | Choker: Aldo
Boots: Aldo | Purse: Danier
Sunglasses: Rayban

So get out there and put them boots on!
Not with your Winter wear! 
Challenge yourself and turn them into a summer outfit this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment