Tuesday 21 June 2016

Mom jeans + Graphic Tees

Who ever thought Mom jeans would be a thing again?!
This style has popped up so many times on my insta feed, my pinterest suggested boards, various blogs I read, etc. 
The new fashionable twist on Mom jeans this season is huge!



Mom jeans are very different than they used to be though!
The style has kept the high waisted top but has gotten rid of the saggy crotch that the 90's version include.
I'm unsure as to why they even had a looser crotch in the first place. 
How was that ever figure flattering!?
Now in all fairness not much was flattering about the 90's.
Am I right? or am I right?

The tapered leg and looser knees are what make these jeans more of a Mom jean fit!
Which I love! 
It mixes it up from wearing skinny jeans that are tight to the ankle everyday!





I saw these jeans when Topshop posted them on their Instagram and I knew I needed them because I kept them in my cart for almost 3 weeks before purchasing them.
When you've been thinking about a pair of jeans for that long...just buy them!
I got to a point that I knew if I didnt buy them I'd regret it.
I think I get buyer's regret more than I get buyers remorse. 

I'm also so into the stripes for these pants too!
Stripe are always big for the summer time!
Everyone loves a nautical theme.
But this season I've seen a lot more vertical stripes than horizontal!
The great thing with a horizontal stripe is that it's elongating and gives you more of a slimmer silhouette.
If something is going to give me the illusion of looking taller and smaller...I'm going to wear it!
Sometimes horizontal stripes can make you look wider and shorter depending on the style, so a vertical stripe is generally much more figure flattering!
And there's nothing wrong with that I feel!

The striped pants are also an awesome patterned statement piece to add to the collection.
It's nice to have cool statement pieces in your closet to choose from.
Pairing your patterned item with a neutral or plain piece is the best way to build your outfit!
But pattern with pattern works as well, it just has to be done right!

Tip: For pairing patterns together always remember
Big pattern with little pattern!
That helps create balance!
Big with big pattern is generally overbearing
and
Small with small pattern tends to be very busy!




I'm going through all my summer clothes from last year and I realized I barely own any color, or fun patterns.
I literally own black, white and grey clothes.
So I need to step my wardrobe game up and open my mind up to more fun patterns and colors,
that's what summer fashion is all about!!
Sometimes I feel I'm scared of colors, like it won't as cool or something? 
Which is so untrue!
Bright colors and patterns make you look so much more fun and cool!

But last summer was a bore for us here in Newfoundland.
We got like a month of nice weather, so being bright and colorful almost felt wrong.
But this year I'm thinking...the hell with the weather!!
If it's cold and raining, I'm going to counteract the dullness that comes with that weather with some bright colors and patterns.
I've already picked up some great multicolored pieces 
(which is also HUGE this season! Think 90's rainbow colors! Example being these shoes from Aldo!
*swoon!!!*),
some pastels, bright orange and pinks and lots of stripes!
This is a big deal for me!

So get ready for some fun summer colors and patterns in the near future!
It's fun stepping out of your comfort zone and trying new things!

What colors will you be wearing this summer?!





Top: Boathouse | Coat: Cheap Monday
Jeans: Topshop | Belt: Aldo | Shoes: Aldo
Purse: Danier | Choker: Aldo | Sunglasses: Aldo

3 comments:

  1. Nice post mate, keep up the great work, just shared this with my friendzmommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice http://dontforgetto-sparkle.blogspot.com/2016/06/mom-jeans-graphic-tees.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Numerous people put on mens skinny jeans to look more attractive, and anyone can easily show off their own carved thighs after wearing skinny jeans. For folks who are interested to buy the ideal skinny jeans, size up apparel is the ideal platform. To comprehend the particular direction of mens skinny jeans, persons can take a look at this particular https://resources.instructure.com/eportfolios/3076/Home/Must_Learn_About_Best_Mens_Jeans web site.

    ReplyDelete